Just because you’re following the keto diet doesn’t mean you can’t have a treat. And yes, that includes cookies—even chocolate ones. It just requires a few creative substitutions to make a baked good that still complies with the diet.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 sticks/12 tablespoons unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup sugar-free sweetener
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- Garnish: Sea salt
Steps to Make It
- Gather the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 350 F and line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Add the almond flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda to a bowl. Whisk until thoroughly combined and set aside.
- Cream the unsalted butter and sweetener using a hand or stand mixer. Beat until lightened in color and fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs and the vanilla extract.
- Stir in the flour mixture, just until incorporated, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out approximately 1 1/2-ounce balls onto two prepared sheet pans. Note that these cookies will spread a little so keep them a couple of inches apart on the baking sheets.
- Very slightly flatten the top of each cookie and sprinkle with a bit of sea salt.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until just set. The cookies will be very soft, but will firm up slightly as they cool.
- These cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.