This Vegan Pasta is an easy vegetarian dinner made with just 5 ingredients. You need less than 30 minutes to make it!
- 1 pound dry pasta (any type you like)
- 1 25 oz. jar marinara sauce (most are vegan, but check the label for no added sugar, too)
- 1 pound assorted vegetables , like zucchini, tomatoes, and red onion
- olive oil , as needed
- 1/4 cup prepared hummus
- salt , to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- While they are heating up, chop the vegetables and arrange them in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and salt, and toss to coat well. Roast the vegetables in the oven until tender, about 15 minutes.
- When the water is boiling, add the pasta and cook as directed on the package. When it is tender, drain the water and set the pasta aside in a colander.
- Use the large pot that you just cooked the pasta in to assemble the final dish. Over medium heat, stir together the marinara sauce and hummus to create a creamy sauce. (I usually use 2 heaping spoonfuls of hummus, which is roughly 1/4 cup, but you can add it to taste.)
- To the sauce, add in the cooked vegetables and pasta, and toss well until everything is coated with the sauce. Season to taste with additional salt, if needed, then serve warm. Add some cashew Parmesan cheese on top, if desired.
- Leftover pasta can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. You can quickly reheat this in a skillet for another fast meal in the future.
Calories: 329kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 81mg | Potassium: 346mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 3839IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 4mg